Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Painted Signs

I've been on a crafty kick lately and have been making all sorts of goodies for my house! My latest obsession is painting signs using reclaimed wood. The first one I painted is made out of a discarded picket my husband and I picked up on a walk near the beach while we were on our honeymoon. I brought it home with the intentions of painting something on it. Six months later I finally got around to it. . . I painted "Santa Cruz" on the old, white washed fence picket to commemorate our wedding and honeymoon destination and hung it in our bathroom. I love the way it turned out!

 Beachy + rustic = perfection!

Next up, I made several signs for the backyard. We planted a vegetable garden this year (which is growing like crazy!) I used a couple old  pickets we had leftover from when we replaced our fence a while back to create several signs for our garden. Take a peak; 


There are a million different ways to create these types of DIY painted signs, but I used this technique in particular (which I saw on Pinterest) and was very happy with the results! 
 
What has Pinterest inspired you to do lately?! 




Related Posts with Thumbnails