Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Feeling Inspired

I mentioned here that our outdoor living area is increasing in square footage this year. We have a gazebo that is enclosed on two sides that was primarily being used as storage for the first three years we lived in our house. (Lawn mowers, old work out equipment, golf clubs, etc. You know, all that ugly stuff that men seem to acquire that takes up a lot of space!) After a little reorganizing and getting rid of stuff we don't use anymore, we finally have a wide open space for me to work my decorating magic on! The covered structure is 14' wide by 19' deep and is located just off our patio (aka the 'outdoor living room' as we like to call it.) I've been going back and forth trying to decide what I should do with this newly acquired space. Outdoor dining area? Hang some hammocks? Built in banquet seating? After flipping through the latest Crate & Barrel catalog I had an 'ah-ha!' moment. Take a peak at my inspiration for the gazebo;




Our space is going to feature 'his & hers' hammocks, a low table with floor pillows to sit on as well as a built in banquet-style bench for extra seating and lounging. I'm also on the hunt for some lanterns to hang for ambient lighting as well as some other tropical accent pieces. It's going to be the ultimate chill zone that feels like you're on vacation rather than just hanging out in the backyard! At least that's my plan. . .Take a look at my inspiration for the bench;

via BHG
This budget friendly, do-it-youself bench made from cinder blocks is the perfect solution! I can't wait to get started (next week - fingers crossed!) on my new project of transforming our gazebo into an easy, breezy chill spot. I'll make sure to take some pictures along the way!




Related Posts with Thumbnails