Thursday, March 29, 2012

Project Reveal: Jordyn's Bedroom

I've been slowly putting the finishing touches on my stepdaughter Jordyn's bedroom for quite some time now and have been sharing bits and pieces of it with you along the way. You might remember the bookcase I painted, the nailhead inspiration board I made, the desk makeover, the DIY headboard, etc. Anyhow, I finally got around to tackling her dresser (another brown wooden beast that got a coat of glossy white paint) which completed my list of things to do in her bedroom. Jordyn will be turning 11 in about a month and I'm ecstatic to finally be done with her bedroom. I think it turned out to be a fun and girly space without being too juvenile or too sophisticated.

Just for kicks, here are some pictures of what the room used to look like;




Two years later, a whole lotta white paint, some fun fabric and a couple DIY projects later, this is what the room looks like now;











So what do you think? I love the way everything turned out and am happy with the cheery, colorful space! I think it's perfect for the outgoing 11 year old and she seems to be pretty pleased with her new room. Another happy client! ;)
Related Posts with Thumbnails