Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A peak at a project I've been working on. . .

I've been working with a new online client to help make her long and narrow living room work better for her and her family. She lives in New York and her style is a mix of vintage and modern. Her home has great architectural details, crown moldings, etc., it just needs a few changes to make it feel a little more fresh and modern. I just sent over her design package yesterday and thought I would share a snippet of it with you;



I suggested that she paint the existing brick fireplace a creamy white color and hang floor to ceiling white drapes (my favorite Ikea Merete grommet panels.) For the walls I selected BM Northern Cliffs and I also suggested she paint the ceiling a fun turquoise color (BM Waterfall.) Punchy pillows and a fun Moroccan pouf add color to the space while the upholstered tufted ottoman provides storage and function. We are also using a couple of her existing pieces (like a tv cabinet, side chair, end table, etc.) I think the room design turned out great and I can't wait for her to send over some pictures after she pulls it all together!

If you are interested in JPM Design's online design services, contact me. I can put together a custom package for you that includes a design board, floor plan of the space as well as a source list with specific details and notes on how to pull everything together. It really is design made simple and affordable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails