Monday, June 20, 2011

DIY Nailhead Inspiration Board



via Suzie, Decorpad


I was inspired by these inspiration boards to create one of my own over the weekend! Since I am in the process of making over my (soon-to-be) step daughters bedroom, I thought it would be great for her to have a place to pin up things that inspire her. When I was her age (ten years old) I had a bulletin board in my room and LOVED having a place to put all those little special things.

I used an old bulletin board I had that measured 24 x 36.


I purchased 1 yard of linen fabric from Joann's for $4.99 and several packages of silver decorative nailheads.


I ironed the fabric to get all the wrinkles out, then stapled it to the front of the bulletin board. Here's a view of the back after I finished stapling;


Next up, the fun part! This step took the longest, as I can sometimes be a perfectionist. . .


An hour later it looked like this;


Here's what the completed board looks like hung over the dresser in Jordyn's bedroom;


I think I will leave it up to her to fill it up with whatever she wishes.

This project was so easy. It cost somewhere around $10 to complete and I think it turned out super cute!
Related Posts with Thumbnails