Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Project Update: Gender-Neutral Nursery

Good morning! Happy Tuesday everyone :) I thought I might share one of my latest projects with you all this morning. I have been working with a new online-design client to help her put together a nursery for her baby that arrives in August! They are keeping the sex a surprise so the nursery had to be 'gender-neutral' and serve several functions. My client requested that in addition to a crib, glider and clothing storage for baby, she also wanted some type of sofa bed or futon so that the space could serve as a guest bedroom if need be. The room measures approx. 11' x 12'. The wall on the right when you enter the room is completely taken over by closet doors and the bathroom door, so furniture placement in this space was a little tricky! Here's what I came up with;


My client loves the color blue, and although she's not sure if she is having a boy or a girl, still wanted to incorporate the hue into the space somehow. Also, she is unable to paint because she lives in a rental, so we were working with the existing white wall color. Here is the design board I created showing all the furnishings that I selected for the space;


I chose a tree wall decal to be the focal point of the room and kept everything very neutral using lots of creamy hues in the upholstery and wood pieces. The rug has a little bit of the slate blue color in it that my client loves (which coordinates with the drapery panels) as well as some green and peachy tones as well - perfect for a little baby boy or girl!

So what do you think? If you would like to see some inspirational gender-neutral nurseries, go here.

If you are interested in finding out more about my online-design packages, go here!


Related Posts with Thumbnails