Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Let the planning begin!

It's Wednesday, so you know what that means. . . it's Wedding Wednesday!! Yesterday I announced that I recently got engaged (in case you missed it, you can check it out here.) Don't worry, I won't bore you every Wednesday with jibber jabber about the planning process, but I will share with you some details here and there! Here's a rundown of our initial wedding plans;

1. Who - Paul & I, of course along with 100 guests (I have a HUGE family so it's going to be a little tough to narrow down a guest list.) We're going to be paying for this ourselves, and the budget is going to be t-i-g-h-t so we've decided to try and keep it 'small'. Paul's good friend is going to perform the ceremony (I heard a rumor that he reads my blog. . . HI BILL! :) My two sister's will be my 'maids of honor' (they are twins so there is no way I could decide between one or the other) and I want to include my favorite cousin in the wedding party as well (Hi Sarah!) As far as everybody else, we're still undecided. 


2. What - It's going to be a very casual, relaxed affair with an elegant twist. I invision non matching bridesmaid dresses in cream, lots of orchids and succulents and maybe some mason jar candle holders. It's going to be one major DIY project, that's for sure!! I want to do everything myself (with a little bit of help of course) from the invitations to the flowers and everything else in between. We'll also be enlisting the help of some close friends and family to help out as well (photographer, catering, etc.) to keep costs down.




3. Where - We have both always dreamed of getting married on the beach, toes-in-the-sand style. I always invisioned the event taking place in Carmel-by-the-sea, but since the budget is tight (and that area of California is very upscale and p-r-i-c-e-y) we are considering the Santa Cruz/Capitola/Aptos area instead. Ideally we would love to rent a beach house within walking distance to the sand, with a large yard to accommodate a party. It's going to take some time to find just the right venue!



4. When - Since I'm a summer girl (born in the summer and live for the summer and my flip flops!) I want to get married during my favorite season. However, beach vacation rentals can charge up to twice as much during 'peak season' so we might opt to do it late September or early October to save buck (or a few thousand.)

That's all I have to share with you for now! I'll keep you updated as we make progress with the planning process! 

Don't forget - JPM Design offers special event styling services! Keep in mind that event decor isn't just about flowers, it's about creating an atmosphere. Contact me if you would like help customizing your wedding or special event in order to create a party that truly reflects you!
Related Posts with Thumbnails