Monday, June 28, 2010

Project Update: Michele's Greatroom

Well, I am back from the coast and had a crazy, long weekend helping my sister Michele re-vamp the upstairs of her townhouse on the beach. (You might remember me mentioning it here.) I'm exhausted to say the least! Our to-do list was pretty hefty and we got a large majority of it all completed. I didn't take into account dry time on the poly urethane coats on the coffee table and dining table (you really should let it sit for 48 hours before touching it) so we weren't able to completely set up the space, accessorize and stage it for pictures, like I had hoped. The sofa slip cover hasn't arrived yet either, so things are still partially unfinished. I'll be heading back to Santa Cruz this coming up weekend (for 4th of July!) so I will be able to tie up the loose ends and take some more pictures. In the meantime, here are a few shots of some of the projects we tackled;

Barstools - Before

Barstools - After. I used fabric I already had (left over from an old client of mine) so we were able to complete these for $0!

Here's the art gallery wall that we created, which is the focal point of the room. My grandma did the two large paintings over 40 years ago and I really love their vibrant colors! I created some of the prints in Photoshop and the rest of the artwork and photography came from one of the other roommates. We used frames that we already had and only had to purchase a couple more. Total cost for this project was $12! You can see the wall color here (BM Revere Pewter) and also catch a glimpse of the new white drapes as well!


Dining Table - Before 


The prettiest shade of glossy turquoise, EVER! (BM Burbank Blue)


Dining Table - After

More photos of the completed space to follow, next week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails