Thursday, January 7, 2010

Featured Designer: Madeline Stuart

In 2005 I had the brief pleasure of working for Madeline Stuart & Associates, an LA based interior design firm. I was attending FIDM at night and working full time as her assistant during the day. I worked with her for six months and it was my first real taste of the design world. I will admit that I felt like a fish out of water most of the time (seeing as how most of her clientele consists of high profile exec's in the entertainment industry) but all in all it was a great experience that I wouldn't trade for the world. (Even though I felt like Andy in 'The Devil Wears Prada' most days.) Every time I see her name pop up in a magazine I kick myself a little because I wonder where I would be had I not quit my job and left Los Angeles like I did. (That's a whole other story within itself!) Anyhow, I stumbled upon this article about a recent project of hers and thought I would share it, as well as a few other photos from Madeline's portfolio.

Before & Afters of an Los Angeles home

 

 Here's a few glimpses inside Madeline Stuart's fabulous West Hollywood home;


 

 
These are images from a project we were in the midst of working on while I was with the design firm. I love the way it turned out--the understated elegance and muted color pallete is nothing short of breath taking;


 

 

 


 
(What house isn't complete with a bowling alley in the basement?!)

 More stunning interiors designed by Madeline;

 

 







 

 

Madeline Stuart also has a line of furniture and lighting available to the trade. Here are a few of my favorite pieces;

Sillouete Stools



Stanton Sofa


 
Cecile Chair & Ottoman


 
Dodsworth Lamp


Related Posts with Thumbnails